Joining ISBergamo offers a fantastic opportunity to enter a safe and nurturing environment, where the Italian culture is valued alongside the recognition and appreciation of multicultural collective diversity. Technology plays an important role in the school and is embedded in the school curriculum through a blended approach where we feel it adds value to teaching and learning. The school is located in a modern building in the Eastern part of Bergamo, in a green and quiet environment. The area is rich in sporting facilities, including a modern football pitch located just next to the school as well as rugby fields and an athletics track at the end of the road. Students can benefit from a totally refurbished building with new, specialised facilities including a dedicated Early Years area, an Art & Design Lab, a school library, an IT lab, and an outdoor multipurpose sports facility, as well as a cafeteria and playgrounds. Recent additions to the facility include a Secondary School wing with a specialised Science Laboratory, a Music & Dance studio, and a newly expanded indoor gym. Thanks to an efficient bus service, the school covers the city of Bergamo as well as a large number of the surrounding communities.
Bergamo ItalyInternational School of Bergamo
Founded in 2011, the International School of Bergamo (ISBergamo) is part of the Inspired Education Group, a leading global schools group educating over 38,000 students across a network of more than 51 schools. Committed to delivering high-quality educational programmes, ISB strives to develop the intellectual, personal, emotional, and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. The school is an IB Continuum school, so it offers the PYP, MYP, and DP
- Day school tuition No Information
Grades for day school
11th Grade/Year 12
- Number of Students 290
- Year founded 2011
- Boarding school tuition No Information
- Curricula IB Diploma, IB Middle Years, IB Primary Years, Bilingual Program, Reggio Emilia Approach
- Type Co-ed
ISBergamo is an IB Continuum World School
Before starting the online application to ISB, please make sure you have the requested documents on your computer.
1. Copy of your child's passport/ID card (only the photo page) or birth certificate in .pdf or .jpeg format.
2. Academic Records
- School records for the current school year and the previous 2 years
- Records from non-English schools may need to be translated into English and certified.
- For Italian students only, original copies Italian report cards and “nulla osta” (if available).
- Reports of the results of any special academic or psychological assessments (if applicable).
3. Vaccination Certificate (all)
You will be asked to upload a clear scan of your child's immunization/vaccination record or an official document to state that the child has not had any vaccination. (since July 2017, vaccinations are compulsory for entry into the Early Years-Grade 1).
Without the requested documents uploaded, your application will be considered incomplete.
Once you have collected the necessary documents, you can proceed with the application form online.
Please note that you will be requested to create a login/password.Admissions tests (compulsory for students entering from Grade 7 onwards- might be requested from Grade 3).
After receiving the full application, for all students applying to enter from Grade 7 onwards, and if appropriate for students entering after Grade 3, the school will arrange to sit entrance examinations in mathematics, English and Italian.
- Students can join after the academic year begins Yes
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Learning support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Examinations available
- Bus service Yes
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School provides lunch Yes
- Supervised care before or after school Yes
- Uniform required Yes
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes