Thank you for considering The Winchendon School.
Brooklyn United States of AmericaThe Winchendon School
The Winchendon School was founded in 1926 on the premise that the best secondary education is based on "a scholastic program fitted to the needs and aims of each student." This philosophy continues to guide us over 90 years later.Caring, highly trained teachers provide each student with a dynamic and forward-thinking environment in which to develop strong character, study skills, learning strategies and confidence. The heart of The Winchendon School experience is rooted in our approach to meeting the needs of each individual student. Our graduates leave as well-rounded, confident, and self-reliant young adults - currently attending many of the country's finest colleges and universities.The Winchendon School is a coeducational college preparatory school serving students in grades 9-12 and post-graduate. The School serves boarding and day students from its main campus located outside Boston, MA and opened a second location to serve day students in New York City in September 2018.
- Day school tuition N/A - $26000 USD
Grades for day school
9th Grade/Year 10 -
- Year founded 1926
- Boarding school tuition N/A - $65725 USD
Grades for boarding school
9th Grade/Year 10 -
- Curricula Host Country's National
- Type Co-ed
• Inquire: Applicants may inquire on our website (Winchendon School Inquiry Form) or by calling our office at 978-297-4476. • Interview: The interview is a required step in the application process. We conduct interviews Monday through Friday. International students may schedule a Skype interview if they can not visit campus. Applicants from Mainland China should click here. • Testing: Standardized tests are part of the application process. Most applicants will take the SSAT and can register here. Students who are applying for the 11th grade or higher may submit either PSAT or SAT scores in lieu of the SSAT. Non-native speaking applicants must also submit TOEFL, IETLS, or DuoLingo scores in addition to the SSAT. Please enter the appropriate test codes for The Winchendon School when you register to ensure that we receive your scores. SSAT: 8242. TOEFL: 3012. • The Application: We accept the SAO, Gateway, and The Winchendon School applications.
• Interview • Standardized testing • Application form
Grades 9-10: SSAT. Grades 11-12 and postgraduate: SSAT, PSAT, SAT. International applicants: TOEFL, IETLS, or Duolingo.
- First application deadline 15 January, rolling admissions after
- Second application deadline Rolling
- Waiting List Yes
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught French, Spanish
- Examinations available Advanced Placement - AP
Use of technology in the classroom
We embrace the way technology can help our students learn better, follow their passions, and develop the skills and competencies they will need in the evolving and competitive high-tech economy. Technology enables us to reach and support students with different learning styles, experiences, strengths and weaknesses in a way that was impossible just a few years ago.
Winchendon's teachers and leadership are committed to supporting a wide range of learning styles and differences. Our micro-classes provide a great setting for kids who learn differently to excel. Our teachers are specifically trained to use a variety of methods and practices to support different learners. And our Learning Advocates provide additional support to make sure that your teachers know what approaches will most benefit you and to help you develop additional skills.
- Sports teams available Yes
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School start time 08:20
- School end time 14:30
- Most common nationality US
- Uniform required No
- Average class size 8
Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 100