Thank you for considering St. Michaels University School.
Victoria CanadaSt. Michaels University School
St. Michaels University School is a great place to be a student. That's because we believe passionately that the most important lessons — both intellectual and personal — enable our students to discover who they are as individuals as well as who they have the potential to become. We also recognize that the path to excellence will be different for each of us, which is why we are highly adaptable in our approach to education.
- Day school tuition $14264 - $29749 USD
Grades for day school
Kindergarten/Year 1 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Year founded 1906
- Boarding school tuition $38944 - $50957 USD
Grades for boarding school
8th Grade/Year 9 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Curricula Host Country's National
- Type Co-ed
Complete an online application. Please be prepared to submit the following supporting documents: • A copy of two most recent report cards (current year and previous year) provided in English. • A copy of the applicant's birth certificate. • If applicable, a copy of the applicant's permanent residency card. • If applying to Grade 10, 11 or 12, applicants must request a transcript from their current school be sent directly to SMUS Admissions. Please Note: St. Michaels University School follows a rolling admission process for Middle and Senior Schools that fills spaces when they become available. Although we accept applications throughout the year, we recommend that you complete an application by early February to help ensure that we have the opportunity to consider your application for entry in September.
• A copy of two most recent report cards (current year and previous year) provided in English. • A copy of the applicant's birth certificate. • If applicable, a copy of the applicant's permanent residency card. • If applying to Grade 10, 11 or 12, applicants must request a transcript from their current school be sent directly to SMUS Admissions.
iTEP, PSAT, SSAT, TOEFL Junior.
- First application deadline Rolling
- Second application deadline Rolling
- Students can join after the academic year begins No
- Application fee (domestic) $178 USD
- Application fee (international) $178 USD
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Gifted and talented student support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught Mandarin, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Examinations available Advanced Placement - AP
27 AP courses, English, Math, Science, Computer Science, Modern Languages, Social Studies, Outdoor Education
Use of technology in the classroom
Technology at SMUS SmartBoards and LCD classroom projectors GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Moodle (parent and student online resources) Wireless network Kindles (ebook readers) for loan Video cameras and laptops for loan Mobile computer labs
In order to ensure that each one of our students is able to make the most out of their SMUS experience, we offer many different supports and services. These programs are intended to help students focus on their schoolwork and succeed in many avenues of their education. From a wide range of services that support our boarders while they are away from home to academic supports that help students with learning disabilities or time management issues, every student should be able to enjoy a fully formed support system while they are at SMUS.
- Bus service Yes
- Sports teams available Yes
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School start time 08:10
- School end time 15:25
- Most common nationality CA
- School provides lunch Yes
- Uniform required Yes
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes
- Average class size 17
At SMUS we provide you with a lot of options at every meal. Whether you're hungry for a fresh-made hot dish, or you just want a soup and salad from the salad bar, you know you'll always get a healthy and filling meal. The menu changes every day and you'll get an opportunity to experience cuisine from other countries.
Badminton Basketball Cross country Field hockey (girls only) Golf Rowing Rugby Sailing Soccer Squash Tennis Track and field Volleyball
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 98