Thank you for considering Kaohsiung American School.
Kaohsiung Taiwan, Province of ChinaKaohsiung American School
- Day school tuition No Information
Grades for day school
12th Grade/Year 13
- Year founded 1989
- Boarding school tuition No Information
- Curricula Advanced Placement, US National, IB Diploma, IB Middle Years
- Type Co-ed
Families are encouraged to apply at https://kas.openapply.com/
- Students can join after the academic year begins Yes
- Waiting List Yes
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Learning support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught English
- Examinations available
Use of technology in the classroom
The KAS campus was built from the ground up with technology in mind. Our students have 1:1 devices starting as early as 3rd grade, with appropriate classroom guidance and device selection. Campus wide WiFi, hosted in Taiwan (rated one of the best connected places in the world!) provides a truly world-class experience for the technology savvy classroom. This allows faculty to make meaningful and intentional use of technology at any moment, and to take learning beyond the classroom and beyond the imagination.
KAS offers inclusion support and English-language learning support.
Native English Teachers
KAS faculty represents our host country as well as nations all over the world, including the United States, Canada, South Africa, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, Venezuela, and Spain.
- Sports teams available Yes
- Pastoral Care No
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School start time 8:00am
- School end time 3:00pm
- School provides lunch Yes
- Supervised care before or after school No
- Uniform required No
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes
School lunch is included in a comprehensive tuition fee. It is provided by a regionally acclaimed caterer who serves a mix of traditional Taiwanese and Western cuisine.
Access to an educational psychologist
KAS offers students appointments with our visiting psychologist in an on-campus, comfortable, and welcoming setting.
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 100
One full time college advisor
One part time college advisor, part-time guidance counselor