Eindhoven NetherlandsInternational School Eindhoven
The International School Eindhoven serves the expatriate community and Dutch and non- Dutch families arriving or moving overseas. We are a centre for the expatriate and Dutch community and provide support for families and education for children. The ISE Campus is an establishment that welcomes and invites the local community to share the international experience. The ISE mission is to educate resilient, confident, self-motivated and creative students, who are internationally minded and accepting of individual differences, and who will be inspired to develop their learning and achieve their potential. The school vision is of a purposeful and focused learning community based on respect where all are engaged in a co-operative, challenging and enjoyable learning experience. We aim to provide a caring, supportive and positive environment where students, staff and parents feel valued, and safe. We challenge and support students from a wide range of national, cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds to achieve personal excellence whilst developing as independent learners. We want to become an exceptional educational provision for international education, in all aspects of its functioning and including technological, sporting and cultural activities, recognized as such locally, within Europe and worldwide. It's our aim to meet the accreditation requirements of national and international accrediting bodies.
- Day school tuition $5576 - $8595 USD
Grades for day school
12th Grade/Year 13
- Scholarships Available No
- Number of Students 1200
- Year founded 1964
- Boarding school tuition No Information
- Curricula IB Diploma, IB Middle Years, International Primary, Other English-Medium, Other Non-English-Medium
- Type Co-ed
• Parents/guardians complete the application for admission form • The ISE may contact previous schools. • The Admissions Committee will consider the application for admission. Upon receipt of the completed dossier, the ISE will inform the parents of the status of the application within 6 weeks. If the application for admission is accepted, parents/guardians will be sent admission documents for completion and further consideration. If the application for admission is not accepted, parents will be advised of the reason(s) for refusal and the ISE will find an alternative school for the student. • The Admissions Committee will review the admission documents and issue a final decision on admission and placement.• After admission is agreed, it may be necessary to arrange an appointment to confirm subject choices. • New students will be invited to take admissions assessments in English and Maths before they start school. Diploma students will take additional assessments depending on their subject choices. English Language Learners will be assessed to establish their proficiency in English. These assessments help to determine a student's knowledge and understanding in relation to the school's curriculum.
As per Dutch legislation, the ISE can only consider admission on the following conditions: • Foreign students who will reside in the Eindhoven region for a temporary period while their parents are employed in the country. • Dutch national students who have had at least two years of international education while their parents have been employed abroad. • Dutch national students who are planning to be educated, for at least two years abroad due to their parents' employment outside The Netherlands. (Documented evidence from employer is required.) • Dutch nationals applying to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Admission assessments in English and Maths for secondary school.
- Students can join after the academic year begins Yes
- Waiting List Yes
- Application fee (domestic) $225 USD
- Application fee (international) $225 USD
Waiting lists for some classes in primary and secondary from time to time.
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction Dutch, English
- ELL support Yes
- Gifted and talented student support No
- Learning support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught Dutch, French, Spanish
- Number of teaching staff 200
- Examinations available International Baccalaureate Diploma - IB Dip, MYP Certificate - MYP
All teachers are qualified and approved to teach in the Netherlands by DUO.
Use of technology in the classroom
In secondary school all students must have their own laptop (not provided by the school)
Mother tongue tuition is possible, at additional cost.
- Bus service Yes
- Sports teams available Yes
- Pastoral Care Yes
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School start time 08:30
- School end time 15:55
- Most common nationality IN
- Max class size 24
- School provides lunch No
- Supervised care before or after school No
- Uniform required No
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes
- Student nationalities 45
- Average class size 24
Sports and play facilities, library and media centre, science laboratories, arts rooms, design technology rooms, music room, drama room, cafetaria
Public bus service operates a shuttle bus from Eindhoven Station.
Childcare facilities are available on campus, but are not operated by the ISE itself.
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 100
Universities in the Netherlands, UK, USA, Asia for example