Thank you for considering Saint James School.
Hagerstown United States of AmericaSaint James School
Founded in 1842, Saint James School is a coeducational, Episcopal boarding school with a smaller day student program for grades 8-12 located in western Maryland. From many backgrounds, faiths, and points of view, our students are broadly educated and deeply principled. They are self-confident, well spoken, and fearless in sharing their opinions and beliefs. They are well prepared for college and life. Kind and moral, our students are inspired to lead for good. The Saint James community is distinguished by an abiding mutual respect that impacts every aspect of life and learning. Here, every person is welcome, every voice is heard, and every perspective is valued. We invite you to learn more about the Saint James School community.
- Day school tuition N/A - $32500 USD
Grades for day school
8th Grade/Year 9 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Year founded 1842
- Boarding school tuition N/A - $49500 USD
Grades for boarding school
8th Grade/Year 9 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Curricula Host Country's National
- Type Co-ed
Accredited jointly by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools and Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and approved by the Maryland State Board of Education.
• Apply online and pay the non-refundable application fee by debit or credit card. • Submit three (3) teacher recommendations: English, Math, Counselor. Recommendations are distributed and submitted electronically and are available through the application portal once the application has been submitted. • Submit official transcripts from this current year AND previous year. • Submit SSAT Scores • Non-English Speakers ONLY: submit TOEFL Scores • Schedule an interview (in-person or Skype): To schedule, please call (301) 733-9330 ext. 3004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application form • Teacher recommendations • Transcripts • Standardized testing • Interview
SSAT. Non-English speakers: TOEFL.
- First application deadline 31 January, rolling admissions after
- Second application deadline Rolling
- Waiting List Yes
- Application fee (domestic) $65 USD
- Application fee (international) $115 USD
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught French, Latin, Spanish
- Examinations available Advanced Placement - AP
The Academic Support program provides oversight of a student's academic progress and offers individualized tutoring in study skills, organization, and time management. Specific content area support (e.g., math, language, science) is also provided for some students as needs arise. Academic Support staff members monitor students' academic progress. Tutoring support structures are put in place based on a student's previously documented academic needs as well as academic needs that emerge during the year. First year students with documented academic needs are enrolled in the Academic Support program so they may receive services from the beginning of the school year. Academic Support requires an enrollment contract addendum for an annual fee of $4,500. Students whose academic needs are identified after the school year has begun will be enrolled in the program and fees will be prorated by trimester ($1,500 per trimester). Students who return to Saint James after their first year are re-enrolled or released from the program based on recommendations of the Director of Academic Support and the Associate Headmaster. The program provides oversight of a student's academic progress and offers individualized tutoring in study skills, organization, and time management. Specific content area support (e.g., math, language, science) is also provided for some students as needs arise.
- Sports teams available Yes
- Most common nationality US
- School provides lunch Yes
- Uniform required No
- Average class size 11
The School community comes together to dine, enjoying both family style and buffet meals, in the Kerfoot Refectory. The food service at Saint James School is provided by SAGE Dining Services, a Maryland-based dining service provider. SAGE has been in business for 25 years, and is known for the use of high quality, seasonal, local ingredients—all of which are prepared on-site and served fresh to our students. SAGE also works to meet the needs of our community, addressing special dietary needs and allergy restrictions. Allergens are listed on the menu board at each meal.
Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling
- University counseling Yes