Welcome to Our School!
Ostrava1st International School of Ostrava
In our school we have fully implemented modern 21st century pedagogy, therefore train our students to acquire the key competencies and thus find employment and success in today's world.
Education for the 21st Century
Pupils are encouraged to act independently, employing skills such as critical thinking, communication, whilst having respect and tolerance for different ideas and individuals. We aim to pursue community involvement, experiential learning, collaboration and creativity.
Individual work with students
Small groups of students in classes allow for an individual approach combined with modern teaching methods. Students are thus encouraged to build the intrinsic motivation necessary for lifelong learning.
The international environment
Our curriculum offers inspiration and guidance in both contemporary cosmopolitan and global world environments and helps our students to develop opinions and a sense of personal responsibility for present and future world events.
- Day school tuition $3750 - $4555 USD
Grades for day school
5th Grade/Year 6 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Scholarships Available No
- Number of Students 150
- Year founded 2005
- Boarding school tuition No Information
- Curricula Host Country's National, Bilingual Program
- Type Co-ed
- Registered school under the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, The Czech Republic
- The Duke of Edinburgh´s International Award Centre
- Světová škola (World School)
- Rodiče vítáni (Parents Welcome)
Grade 6 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 7 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 8 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 9 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 10 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 11 - 81 300 CZK (3750 USD)
Grade 12 - 98 800 CZK (4555 USD)
Grade 13 - 98 800 CZK (4555 USD)
We are, of course, happy to answer any further questions about the school or the admissions procedure. Thank you for your interest.
- First application deadline 01/03/2021
- Second application deadline June 2021
- Students can join after the academic year begins Yes
- Waiting List No
- Application fee (domestic) $0 USD
- Application fee (international) $0 USD
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Gifted and talented student support Yes
- Learning support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Languages taught English
- Number of teaching staff 25
- Examinations available
All teachers have their Master Degree in an educational field
- homeworks are assigned if required by a subject teacher
- serve as additional understanding of the matter
Gifted and talented student support
- a special care of the staff and our Support Team
- differentiation in teaching and learning
- additional offer of personal and academic development
Use of technology in the classroom
- whiteboard/interactive board with a projector
- set of laptops or tablets is provided to students when their work require use of ICT
Our ISO Support Team in cooperation with all teachers analysis the students´ needs and an appropriate support is provided to the students.
Number of Teaching Staff
- Bus service No
- Sports teams available No
- Pastoral Care No
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- School start time 8.30 - Period 1
- School end time 15.30<br>Some grades and classes might finish earlier, it always depends on the timetable of the particular class.
- Most common nationality Czech
- Max class size 20
- School provides lunch Yes
- Supervised care before or after school No
- Uniform required No
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes
- Student nationalities 10
- Average class size 13
Our school is located on the third floor of an administrative building in Ostrava City Centre. We have several classrooms, a library, science labs and a couple of chill out zones for our students. Teachers are seated in several staffrooms. A locker room is available for students on the ground floor when they enter the building.
Each students has his/her own school card (or even ISIC Card) which serves as the key card to enter the building, for the library purposes and as a credit lunch card.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s AwardDofE educational programme helps young people to better understand themselves, learn new skills and persevere. It brings them the opportunity to participate in a proven programme, if necessary, receive financial support for their activities and become part of the international community.
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 90%
- Czech Republic
- European countries such as Great Britain, Netherlands, Austria, Scandinavian countries, Spain
- overseas - USA, New Zealand, China