Thank you for considering Maharishi School.
Fairfield United States of AmericaMaharishi School
Welcome to Maharishi School, one of America's most unique and progressive schools. What began in 1981 as a single innovative school is now the model for a special kind of holistic education around the world. At Maharishi School, the foundation of our college preparatory program is optimal alertness. You could have the most ideal school imaginable—best teachers, best facilities, best curriculum, and technology—but if students enter the classroom stressed, fatigued, or distracted, how much can be gained? What if there was a way to optimize students' alertness? Every aspect of school life would be enhanced: assimilating and retaining knowledge, social and emotional development, physical health and well-being. That is why at Maharishi School we invest in rest—of a special kind. Our students and teachers take time to transcend twice a day, with the practice of yoga and Transcendental Meditation. This allows them to gain deep rest and dissolve stress before it accumulates. It improves brain functioning. In a world of nearly incessant outer stimuli, it gives them a respite of inner silence, a connection with their own individual true self.
- Day school tuition $6600 - $19500 USD
Grades for day school
12th Grade/Year 13
- Year founded 1972
- Boarding school tuition $39000 - $44000 USD
Grades for boarding school
9th Grade/Year 10 -
12th Grade/Year 13
- Curricula Host Country's National
- Type Co-ed
• Visit Us (optional): The best way to know whether you and Maharishi School are a great fit is to visit. You'll want to meet our teachers, our administrators, spend time in the classrooms, and meet your peers. Visits to the Maharishi Middle School are arranged by appointment. We request a two-week notice of all visits. Open Houses are also scheduled several times each year. Local students are invited to spend a day in their age-appropriate classroom and out of town students are invited to spend 2 days in their age-appropriate classroom. After a student visits and is accepted, Upper School students must defer enrollment until the start of the following semester. To plan a visit, contact email@example.com or call (641) 472-9400, ext. 5076. • Apply Online: There is a $25 application fee and you will need to provide an official school transcript from your most recent school. As you navigate the application requirements, remember that the Maharishi Admissions team is here to be your partner every step of the way. The following documents will be needed to complete the application: Official School transcript from most recent school; Personal Recommendation letter; Student essay; SSAT, PSAT, or other standardized test scores (email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions) • Interview: Interviews are a required part of the application process. This can be an in-person or a Skype interview. After receipt of a completed application, a Maharishi School Admissions officer will contact you to schedule a student interview after the transcripts are received and application including the student essay is completed. • Receive Letter of Acceptance from the Director of Admissions: Say "Yes". Pay the enrollment deposit and complete the registration process with our Registrar. In order to complete the enrollment process, you will need to provide: Official immunization record or notarized waiver Physical and Health records (completed by your doctor within the last 12 months) Consent for Release of Educational Records Dental screening (entering 9th graders only). If you would like to apply for financial aid, submit your financial aid application immediately. Go to: www.fairapp.com/Index.aspx. School code is: 114. School password is: ms114. A copy of your prior year federal income tax return must be sent to FAIR in conjunction with your online application in order for it to be considered. Tuition must be fully paid before the student begins in their classroom.
• Application form • Standardized testing • Recommendation letter • Essay • Interview
SSAT (preferred), TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., ITEP, or SLEP.
- First application deadline 1 April
- Second application deadline 1 December
- Students can join after the academic year begins Yes
- Application fee (domestic) $25 USD
- Application fee (international) $25 USD
- Assigns homework Yes
- Use of technology in the classroom Yes
- Language of instruction English
- ELL support Yes
- Native English teachers Yes
- Examinations available Advanced Placement - AP
AP Calculus, AP English Language Arts, AP English Literature, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History
- Bus service Yes
- Sports teams available Yes
- Do students practice religion at the school No
- Most common nationality US
- School provides lunch Yes
- Uniform required Yes
- Access to an educational psychologist Yes
- Average class size 12
We serve a delicious and wholesome organic vegetarian lunch. Protein is provided by a variety of legumes, tofu, nuts, and dairy products. The daily lunch also offers whole grains, a variety of salads and vegetables, fresh fruit, and delicious desserts. Most of the vegetables are grown in our own campus greenhouses or locally grown in Fairfield.
Badminton, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee
- University counseling Yes
- Percent that pursue university 97